Saturday, January 7, 2017

Week 1 - Creating A Life Goal

Everybody dreams for a good life. We dream of a nicer house, a better car, a trip around the world etc.... After all, dreaming is free, but getting to those dreams has a price. 

The problem with most of us is that we hardly dream with a purpose or a structure. Let's put a financial amount and a time frame to our dream, let's get a more realistic dream.

First, we need to have smart goals and dreams. It should be:

  • Specific
  • Measurable
  • Attainable
  • Realistic
  • Time Bound

Don't just say I want to be rich. Instead, let's say: I want to have 5 million when I reach 40 years of age

Don't just say I want to travel, instead, let's say: I want to go to Antartica and see penguins within 3 years.

The next thing to do is to take the time to try this out. Many knows the principles but have never taken the time to sit down and try it. 

Work hard for our dreams. Even the smartest dream won't get us anywhere if we don't act smartly.  Get a pen and paper and let's act right now.



This is the first week of the year, and I hope you come along with me and be encouraged as I share with you week by week on ways and ideas to make a life goal a reality. See you again next week! Yours,Annie



2 comments:

  1. Our goals for this year are, mortgage free by downsizing. and buying a business of some sort. The smaller goal is finding a caravan or motor home so we can see more of the UK, taking the dogs with us.

    Seem like small goals to some, but mortgage free is the biggest yet for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good start and a realistic and achievable goal. All the best to you!

      Delete